Tuesday

No *I* in Team & Link Party

This post has a lot of *I*'s in it, but everyone knows there is no *I* in team. 

And for the past year, anyone and everyone that made me laugh or inspired me was right there with me while I created and crafted and wondered if I was doing stuff *right*.  So thank you.

As I sat here thinking about how fast 2012 went by I was feeling like blogging took all my time and I didn't really accomplish much.

Then I went through photos.  I was very wrong on that last remark.

When I had it all right there in front of me I realized I accomplished more projects than I would of had I not been blogging. All because I unintentionally joined a team by starting a blog.

A team of hundreds + one man with some brawn.

Teams of bloggers, some of whom don't even know they were my motivation or inspiration, or that I joined their team and they unintentionally joined mine when I referenced their blogs for help.

The crafting team.The sewing team.The tutorial team.The motivational team.
The inspiration team.The painting team.The idea team.The organization team
The decorating & design team.The clever, witty & funny team.The building team.

In the blogging game last year I had to call on each of those teams at one point or another.  And they all became....
New friends.

And there are also followers.  Followers on my team who are not bloggers.  They come to read what I write and see what I make.  That amazes me.  Thank you.

My first post hit the blogosphere January 9th and saying I had no idea what I was doing is an understatement!  But how fitting my day for the 'Tis the Season' link party is also January 9th.  I'm holding up the rear or ringing in the new year, which ever way you want to look at it.
I would very much enjoy if you would link up at the bottom.


My first year of blogging brought cast off furniture or pieces of wood scraps that  mostly I had to hand letter.......
It was someone, somewhere - it was one of you - that I gleaned confidence from 
Confidence to stick my brush in the paint and put fingers to keyboard.  Thank you.

I made pillows.  I can't sew, but gosh darnit I made pillows.  I made burlap valances because I was inspired by one of you.  I did copy cat challenges most every month, just to see if I could do it.  I picked up free furniture on the roadside believing even if the project sucked, what did I have to lose by not trying? I became a hoarder and filled our garage with crap.  I'm proud.  Brawn, not so much.


I put something on the door for every season.  I'd never done that before. I even painted the door.

I amused myself with a 4th of July wreath made out of old hankies and a pool noodle, naming it Hankie Noodle Dandy.  The name still cracks me up. And who thinks to make stuff out of pool noodles anyhow?  It wasn't me, it was someone on one of those teams.

I prepped my house for a Halloween Mystery Dinner with some of my own old ideas, and some new ones from blogs that inspired me.  Thank you.
I even inspired a few people along the way myself.  Me? Hmmmm... a creative and inspiring blogger?  Nope, never imagined that would happen.

I created a window display so I would have somewhere for the Kodak dresser.  I complied junk into a tree with some groovy girls, and made gifts for friends......

I calculated everything I made/updated/created/painted/repurposed/recycled/COOKED or baked, for the last 12 months and it comes out to about 4 projects a week, which means I accomplished a whole bunch of stuff that never made it to the keyboard.

Projects were featured......and I hope I never forgot to thank anyone for that.

The cooking and recipes...... O.M.G. you bloggers inspired me to try new stuff, thank you,
*I think*, but that has GOT to stop!!!  Seriously, if I do that throughout 2013 I won't fit in my computer chair!  And this cute kid did not loose his tongue cake pop making!

I guest posted on 19 blogs, and I will never forget who each one of you are.  Thank you.

Being associated with like minded people for the past 12 months has reawakened my creativity. 
I would not have accomplished all of that without all of you.
~ I have never been so inspired before. ~ 
Thank you.

And now, it's time to link up. What should you link?  3 choices......
1) Link up something from last year this time...January of '12.  
2) Or link YOUR very first post in the blogosphere.
3) Or link anything that was inspired by someone or something...someone from YOUR team.



Subscribe, Bliss Ranch arrives magically!

Follow on Bloglovin

45 comments :

  1. Thanks for hosting! You have been such an inspiration to me and I'm so glad to have "met" you!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You really did accomplish so much this past year. I'm pretty sure you inspired just as many people (if not more) as inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so much junk done and I can't believe you've only been blogging for a year. Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Bliss. YOU have inspired me and I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. :) I've only been blogging for a year too. I actually linked up my first post ever. Thanks for allowing everyone to share. You and many others have inspired me this year that's for sure. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the post and you have been very kind in your comments and emails, they have meant so much to me..and hope to make my blog better...this year...if only I can get my living room painting done,and then putting every thing back and I mean every thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing first year you have had as a blogger! All of those projects were fantastic and truly inspirational to me. I'm so glad to be part of your follower team! For this party I went back and looked at what I was doing at this time last year. It was a copy from another of my inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bliss!
    So sweet! I agree 100% with all you said. It is entirely true. I especially loved what you said about all the crap in the garage. It is the bane of my husband's existence. So happy to have met you this year and become blogging buddies! I am all linked up - the one post was inspired by YOU! Thanks for hosting the last of the parties - we are going out with a BANG!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a fabulous year and I am so happy I got to be a part of it!~ You amaze me, but then again, I know sometimes you shock yourself:) I look forward to more of you and your creativity Bliss!~ XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tired after reading all you did! I think you had an awesome year. I so enjoyed your projects and posts. Especially about boxes. And things in boxes. heehee I'm linking up...at least I made one party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Embracing Change wrote about your blog - new to me - I'm following and added a post to your link party. Happy 2013 New Year. You did an amazing amount of great projects last year, they sure added up. Love the 'journal with pictures' aspect of blogging.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post and guidelines for linking up turned out to be a revelation for me, because you suggested linking our posts from a year ago - made me realize how far we've come this year AND last year! Just like you discovered for yourself. Thank you!
    Gail @ This Green House

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joy (aVintageGreen) and Gail (This Green House) are my sisters and it is unique for us, living if different parts of BC, to link up on after the other on your lovely Linky Party, one after the other. Our posts are older (reminiding us of the year past) and it is great to be look back.

    Thank you for hosting and I am following your blog now.

    Happy New Year 2013.

    Rob @ Island Rustic

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted 3 oldies but favorites.... You my friend put the i in inspiration!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogiversary, Bliss! You accomplished a TON! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! So glad you started blogging!! I copied your copycat way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy to have gotten to know you. You are my first blogging buddy! I think you've accomplished more this year than I did.
    I agree with you that there is soooo much inspiration out there, but you need to count yourself as part of the inspiration "pool". You have so many creative ideas, it's mind-blowing! I also enjoyed reading the "creative and inspiring" interview. I rarely read bloggers pasts posts, but I think I'm going to have to go back and read many of yours!
    Happy blogiversary, Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As if I would link the very first thing I ever posted! Besides, I already deleted it! lol So I linked something I did this time last year instead - much better choice :)

    Thanks for the linky party Bliss. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. made me laugh. I'm embarrassed to look back at some of my first posts. I guess I won't delete them though so I can look back and see where I've come and get a good laugh! ;)

      Delete
  18. Thanks SO MUCH for hosting! And Anne...you are cracking me up! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You've really accomplished a lot in one year. Maybe a "how-to grow your blog" post to newer bloggers is in the future? I am so glad I found you through the Holiday Link Party. I'm afraid that I added about the fourth post I ever did by accident and couldn't figure out how to go back and replace it :( Ah well . . . it is a better post than the first for sure! Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are here Patti. Did you know you are a no reply blogger? If you drop me an email I will help you fix it.
      Bliss

      Delete
  20. Happy Blogiversary Bliss! What a fantastic first year you had... looking forward to year two. Thank YOU for your inspiration and you made me smile when I saw your Paranormal Portraits! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great year! loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been very inspirational to me this year, Bliss! I love all of your wonderful projects, but more importantly...I actually got to MEET you in person! I love your creative, funny personality, and can't wait to see what you do next! Thanks for hosting the fun party...I hooked up one of my most favorite projects of last year, from JAN 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahh the Bliss year in retrospect! You are amazeballs woman. You are sweet, ridiculously talented and have a slightly twisted sense of humor. I'm proud to call you a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful post! I missed the Hankie Doodle Dandy! I can't imagine the last year of blogging without you! I still can't get over the fact that you started your blog on a whim! What a huge force if not only creativeness you are, but wisdom, delivered in the most humorous if ways. You can add me to your "Junque" team, tell Brawn I am very sorry for terrible exams.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I consider your a blog a place to come to to find crafts and great humor! I include furniture makeovers in "crafts". LOL! I agree that having a blog encourages people to be more creative and take the time to get projects done. Afterall, what else would we post about? I think you've been very busy in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's been quite a first year of blogging for you! I basically blogged our two daughters into boredom my first year of blogging, but I had a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about! Happy Blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun post and party! You had a great year Bliss. You are extremely creative, fun and such a beautiful soul. I have enjoyed following you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved your post Bliss - you captured what we all feel!!!
    Thanks so much for the party!
    Big hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw, I LOVE this post, Bliss!! You've got a great big creative heart, my friend. So happy our paths have crossed! I'll be posting a review of sorts this weekend and will be back to link up. :)
    <3 you!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great job Bliss! I just started blogging last week and this is my fist link party. Thanks for hosting. I only hope my first year is half as successful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well since you are new the first thing we have to fix is that you are a no reply blogger. Drop me a note and I will help you fix that.
      Bliss

      Delete
  31. Love this post. So glad you started blogging...so glad I get to "read" you whenever you get a post up. You've kicked butt and I've loved watching!! When I get off this Ipad and near my computer I'll pop by and link up my first craft. Ack, I'm sure it's horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats! You have taken the blog world by storm. So many amazingly creative ideas!
    Thanks for the look back. Great party idea, thanks for hosting!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW!!! Has it only been a year? It feels like longer!! Happy Blog-iversary...you never cease to inspire, encourage and MAKE ME LAUGH! I linked up a post from last January and realized it was something I made for the JunkMarket Trunk show...which is where I met...well "almost" met you, right??? Wishing you another amazing year of creativity, success and happiness in 2013!! Blessings, Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  34. You, my friend, are an inspiration! I'm so glad I found you and so happy to call you my friend. So I didn't link my very first post, but I did link my very first project -- the project that was the impetus to start my blog!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  35. I will never get over everything you did for Halloween - that is one party I would have loved to have been at!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an amazing year! I think that Kodak dresser of yours was one of the first awe inspiring transformations I saw last year when I first started blogging and attending link parties. You have continued to inspire ever since. I loved your halloween decorations and you ARE quite the "pinner", always finding something great to pass along to your Pinterest followers. Thanks for the party. I'm late to it, but I'm linking up anyway! I've enjoyed the year of your fun reads and great ideas.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  37. You know I love ya more than my luggage!
    ;)
    Now you see why you are one of my Inspiring Creative Women!!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are amazing and I am so happy that I met you through blogging! I was smiling and shaking my head yes, yes, yes, reading your journey! Me too :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ah, I remembered to come link up! Thanks for hosting, Bliss. :)
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for being such a wonderful hostes Bliss and rocking out the last linky! So fun! Happy to party with you anytime!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  41. A great year in projects! Love so many of them.....

    ReplyDelete

I read every.single.comment. If comments are turned off on a post it's due to spam, so drop me an email instead BlissRanchBoss@hotmail.com.

BB
Disclosure Policy for Bliss Ranch:
From time to time there might be a written review of services or products on this blog for which Bliss Ranch may or may not have received that service or product for free. Receiving a product or service for free or at a discount will never dictate what is written on this blog or guarantee a favorable review. All opinions here belong to Bliss Ranch and Bliss Ranch alone. Bliss Ranch is not monetarily compensated to write anything on this blog... period! For the complete privacy policy please see the tab at the top of the blog.